Recipe by jgodby
I don't know how to describe this. I made it up out of things I had on hand. It turned out delicious!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 large vidalia onion, diced
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 1⁄2 large yam, cubed
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can cannellini beans
- 3 ounces small bunch shredded spinach leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion, yam, garlic, celery in olive oil.
- When translucent, add chicken stock and bay leaf.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Puree with stick blender.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf,.
- Add beans, spinach and pepper.
- Simmer 5 minutes.