Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love these bars! I've been making them for years. The recipe is from my former piano teacher - and my second Mom! She taught me how to bake, and make food taste delicious!!!! ** Pan size is a jelly roll/cookie sheet
- Cream butter and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs, vanilla and peanut but if using, to butter and brown sugar.
- Add flour.
- Pour into an un-greased 1/2 sheet baking pan (jelly roll/cookie sheet pan).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. (may take less time be sure to check after 15 minutes.).
- Allow bars to cool. Frost with a thin layer of vanilla frosting.
- Allow first layer of frosting to set up. Frost with layer of chocolate.
- Top with crushed pecans or walnuts.
- Bars freeze really well and can be pulled out for a quick dessert. I usually freeze with wax paper between layers.
Anytime you put peanut butter and chocolate together you have a winner! I think they were made for each other! These are divine! OMG I can't leave them alone!Wonderful recipe Debi! Thank you so much for sharing!
these are great bars, I reduced the recipe down by half and baked them in a 9-inch pan, I also used chopped salted peanuts in place of the walnuts, thanks for posting Kitty these will be enjoyed by my DS and GF! this was made for KK's Chef's Pick forum game
Made for KK's Kitchen Forum Chefs Picks Tag Event. I used Billy's Vanilla Buttercream Frosting for the Vanilla Frosting, and my Texas Chocolate Frosting for the Chocolate Frosting. I also used Chunky Peanut Butter and then chopped roasted peanuts as the topping. This made up into a very nice and rich cookie bar, that I am certain will sell very nicely at our Holiday Faire Bake Sale this year. Thank You for another fantastic recipe Kitty.