Recipe by kittycatmom
I love these bars! I've been making them for years. The recipe is from my former piano teacher - and my second Mom! She taught me how to bake, and make food taste delicious!!!! ** Pan size is a jelly roll/cookie sheet
Top Review by FLUFFSTER
Anytime you put peanut butter and chocolate together you have a winner! I think they were made for each other! These are divine! OMG I can't leave them alone!Wonderful recipe Debi! Thank you so much for sharing!
- 2 cups butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- chocolate frosting
- vanilla frosting
- 1 cup peanut butter (optional)
- 1 -2 cup crushed pecans or 1 -2 cup walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs, vanilla and peanut but if using, to butter and brown sugar.
- Add flour.
- Pour into an un-greased 1/2 sheet baking pan (jelly roll/cookie sheet pan).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. (may take less time be sure to check after 15 minutes.).
- Allow bars to cool. Frost with a thin layer of vanilla frosting.
- Allow first layer of frosting to set up. Frost with layer of chocolate.
- Top with crushed pecans or walnuts.
- Bars freeze really well and can be pulled out for a quick dessert. I usually freeze with wax paper between layers.