Recipe by Chandra
You can find crystal sugar where you find cake decorating supplies. If you can't find it, you can use granulated sugar colored with a drop of food coloring, but the effect isn't as spectacular.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) jarwhite crystal sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk butter, sugar, egg and vanilla.
- Pour in the flour mix.
- Stir until just blended.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of dough about 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Press them down with your fingers making them into a circle shape.
- Bake for 8-19 minutes or until cookies are brown and crisp all over.
- Transfer to a rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, make icing by placing the white chocolate chips and the shortening in a small glass bowl.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute; stir well.
- Microwave for about 30 seconds more, stopping to stir every 10 seconds, until mixture is very smooth.
- Spread icing on cookies and then immediately dip tops of cookies in bowl of crystal sugar.