1 hr 10 mins
A sweet version of a Chek Mix! This recipe came from my SIL Marsha. Add whatever sounds good to you! The only important thing is to stir it as it cools so that you don't end up with one big clump. This uses real corn syrup, not the high fructose invention that is so popular with many food manufacturers. I'm not big on using the microwave, so I cook the corn syrup on the stove, do as you prompted ; ) For those concerned with the sugar, Whey Low will work in place of the sugar and I think you could make a syrup with it as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 275 F (135 C).
- 2Spray a large roasting pan with non-stick cooking spray or use butter.
- 3In a medium sized microwavable bowl, mix butter, white corn syrup and brown sugar.
- 4Place the mixture in the microwave and cook 2 minutes, or until butter melts.
- 5Place the cereal, pecans and almonds into the roasting pan.
- 6Pour the melted butter mixture over the contents of the pan and mix gently until the cereal and nuts are coated.
- 7Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- 8As the snack cools, be sure to continue stirring so that it does not harden into one big clump of stuff.
- 9Note: You can add M&Ms, pretzels, peanuts, or any just about anything else you want into the mix. I haven't tried jelly beans, but who knows?
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Snack Mix
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.3
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 12.2 mg
- Sodium 198.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 16.5 g
- Protein 3.1 g