Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Modified a recipe I found a long time ago on the back of a cereal box and am posting it so I don't forget it. Crunchy, sweet, and the kids love it. Really addictive. Be sure you remove all unpopped kernels from the popcorn!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 cups toasted oats cereal (Cheerios)
- 6 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup thin pretzel stick, broken (optional)
- 1 cup raisins or 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 250 degress. In a large roasting pan, melt butter in oven. Remove from oven, stir in brown sugar, honey, and vanilla. Return to oven and bake 12 minutes.
- Stir in cereal, popcorn, and pretzels. Bake 30 minutes, stirring after 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, mix in raisins or dried cranberries, and turn onto waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container.