1/2 Photos of Sweet Snack Mix
2 hrs 10 mins
Sweet Diva's Note:
Adapted from Taste of Home, this tempting treat never lasts long around our house! The original recipe did not call for the dried fruits, but once when we were having neighborhood get-together I threw them in. Everyone loved the original recipe, but the response I got from the fruited version was so great that now I almost always make it that way. Both versions are sweetly satisfying! **NOTE** Cooking time is based on using my microwave method instead of the double-boiler and also includes cooling/set-up time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, combine popcorn, cereal and peanuts.
- 2In the top of a double boiler over simmering water, melt coating and peanut butter,.
- 3stirring occasionally. (I actually combine the coating and peanut butter in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave for 1 1/2 - 2 minutes, stir, microwave for another 1 1/2 - 2 minutes, stir.
- 4Pour over popcorn mixture; stir to coat. Spread evenly on waxed paper.
- 5Allow to set for at least 2 hours.
- 6Store in an airtight container.
- 7Yield: 5-6 quarts.
- 8**Note** White candy coating is found in the baking section of most grocery stores. It is sometimes labeled "almond bark" or "candy coating" and is often sold in bulk packages of 1 to 1-1/2 pounds.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Snack Mix
Serving Size: 1 (1237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1194.3
- Calories from Fat 716
- Total Fat 79.6 g
- Saturated Fat 24.7 g
- Cholesterol 12.4 mg
- Sodium 948.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 101.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.1 g
- Sugars 58.3 g
- Protein 32.7 g