From July 2009 Good Housekeeping. Prep time includes time to soak the bamboo skewers.
Make and share this Sweet & Smoky Salmon Kabobs recipe from Food.com.
- If using bamboo skewers, soak skewers in hot water at least 30 minutes. Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling on medium heat.
- In large bow, combine sugar, paprika, chili powder, red pepper, salt and pepper. Rub mixture between fingers to break up any lumps of sugar.
- Add salmon and zucchini and toss to evenly coat with spice mixture.
- Thread zucchini slices, 2 at a tiem and alternating with salmon, onto skewers.
- Place on hot grill greate and cook 9 to 11 minutes or until salmon turns opaque throughout, turning occasionally.
Great fish! I made this a bit different than indicated. My salmon had skin on it, so I just cut it into 4 pieces (1 1/2 pounds) and the zucchini I sliced vertically -- adding the spice mixture to both -- and grilled them -- delicious and very different from the usual grilled salmon. Thanks for sharing this keeper which we will be having again soon -- next time as kabobs!