Recipe by mydesigirl
From TOH tailgate cookbook. Sent in by Jane MacKinnis. Just layer ingredients in 1 dish and you'll have an appetizer finished in about one hour!
Top Review by steve in FL
This was delicious! Smelled awesome in the house after only 10 minutes in the oven! I would suggest serving over rice to suck up the fabulous juices.. I used pasta, but it runs off..
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 3 lbs chicken legs
- 1 1⁄2-2 teaspoons hickory smoke salt
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Place onions in a greased 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Arrange chicken in a single layer over onions.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over all, completely covering chicken.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour or until juices run clear, basting several times.