Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Crisply cooked bacon gives a smoked flavor to hearty chunks of carrots.
- 6 medium carrots, sliced 1/2-inch
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sliced 1/8-inch green onions
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Place carrots in 2-quart saucepan; add enough water to cover. Cook over medium-high heat until water comes to a boil (8 to 10 minutes). Reduce to medium. Cook until carrots are crisply tender (8 to 10 minutes). Drain; return to pan.
- Add all remaining ingredients. Cover; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through (4 to 6 minutes).