Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This deliciously sweet and slightly sour shrimp dish is a real family favorite. Kids love the taste while moms (and dads!) like the fact that it’s easy to make and ready to eat in less than 30 minutes.
- 2 cups instant brown rice (about 4 cups cooked)
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple tidbits or 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice
- 1⁄3 cup water or 1⁄3 cup all-natural chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup light teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar or 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter (optional)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen asian-style vegetables, thawed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger or 1 teaspoon bottled minced gingerroot
- 1 lb medium cooked shrimp
- Cook the rice according to package directions. Set aside. Drain the juice from the pineapple into a bowl. Add the water, teriyaki, vinegar, peanut butter as desired, and cornstarch and whisk until well blended. Set aside. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet or wok over high heat, add the vegetables and ginger, and stir-fry 3 minutes. Add the shrimp and pineapple and cook, stirring frequently, until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Re-whisk the pineapple juice mixture and add to the skillet. Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly. Reduce the heat and continue to simmer and stir gently until the mixture thickens slightly, about 2 minutes. Serve over rice.
- Find more shrimp recipes by visiting www.eatshrimp.com!