Prep 2 mins
Cook 8 mins
From Rachael Ray, Food Network.
Make and share this Sweet Sesame Five-Spice Popcorn recipe from Food.com.
- 118.29 ml unpopped popcorn
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil
- 4.92 ml five-spice powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 14.79 ml toasted sesame seeds
- Place popcorn, sugar, oil, five spice powder and salt in a large kettle or pot with a tight fitting lid over medium heat.
- When corn begins to pop, shake the pot constantly. When popping slows, remove from heat, sprinkle with sesame seeds and transfer kettle corn to a bowl.
Loved the five-spice with popcorn, but the flavor was overpowered by the salt. Next time I'll only use 1/2 salt. Highly suggest five spice from Penzeys, it's so much better than others I've tried. We make lots of stovetop popcorn, and a whirly pop makes a huge difference especially for anything with sugar. Pops evenly without burning every time. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
This was definately different, but very good! I loved the sesame flavor(I used Gomashio (Toasted Sesame Salt)-a toasted sesame salt. And the five spices really kicked it up a notch! Thanks! Made for PRMR game.