Prep 3 mins
Cook 2 mins
This light, sweet-sour Oriental-style dressing, enhanced by the nutty flavor of toasted sesame, is excellent with chicken or fresh spinach salad. From "Cooking a la Heart"- Delicious heart healthy recipes from the Mankato Heart Health Program.
- 4 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 6 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Toast sesame seeds in frying pan over medium heat.
- Shake or stir and watch carefully- Sesame goes from toasted to burned in the blink of an eye.
- Add cooled seeds to vinegar, salt, sugar and pepper- Mix.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.