Recipe by Sharon123
In Thailand, bananas are used for desserts such as this one! Simple recipes like this are also used in the Caribbean! From Vegetarian Times cookbook.
Top Review by Chef floWer
Excellent desert! The banana famine in Australia is over and we can eat bananas freely without paying a heavy price. This dish was very easy to put together and although I am not a sweet tooth the lime juice offset the syrup flavour and it didn't taste sickly sweet. Thank you Sharon123
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 2 limes, juice of
- 4 bananas, peeled, sliced diagonally (fresh and firm)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a dry skillet, toast the sesame seeds until golden. Set aside.
- Squeeze lime juice over banana slices and set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, heat the sugar and water over a slow, even heat until the temperature reaches about 235*F. on a candy thermometer and the mixture forms threads. The syrup should be thick and bubbling.
- Remove from the heat.
- Butter a sheet of waxed paper.
- Dip the banana slices into the syrup, place them on the waxed paper.
- sprinkle them with the sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!