1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. Intriguing, isnt it? The combination of the sweet apple pie and the savory sausage and potatoes with onion, is a marriage made in culinary heaven. I wanted to make a brunch dish to serve to friends that was not filled with milk and cheese. This is the recipe I came up with!! It is a welcome addition to any weekend brunch. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spray a shallow 3 quart casserole dish with a non stick cooking spray.
- 2In a large skillet, cook the sausage, until cooked through.
- 3Remove from heat and drain the sausage on paper towel, set aside.
- 4Break apple pie into one inch pieces.
- 5Place on the bottom of prepared casserole dish.
- 6Top with cooked sausage.
- 7In a large bowl, combine Simply Potatoes diced potatoes and bread cubes.
- 8Pour egg substitute over all. Stir till just combined.
- 9Spoon the potato-egg mixture over the crumbled sausage.
- 10Cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate overnight.
- 11Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 12Remove casserole from the refrigerator an hour prior to baking.
- 13Bake in a preheated oven, uncovered, for 55 to 65 minutes, or until mixture is cooked through and nicely golden.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet & Savory Potato, Apple & Sausage Brunch #SP5
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 378.1
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 47.6 mg
- Sodium 805.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 22.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion