Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Created as a fund raiser for ECW (Episcopal Church Women). We actually had requests for this when it was not even on the menu.
- 2 cups pecans
- 2 cups almonds
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons mixed herbs (rosemary, sage, savory and thyme, mixed and finely chopped)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, toss the nuts with the maple syrup, olive oil, herbs and cayenne.
- Spread the nuts on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. (I place them on silpat or parchment paper for easy clean-up), stirring occasionally, until browned.
- Season the nuts with salt and pepper and toss frequently until cooled.
Very tasty. I didn't have pecans - used 1.5 c almonds, 1.5 c walnuts, halved the rest. Only had dried herbs, used about 1 tsp total.