1/1 Photo of Sweet & Savory Microwave Peanut Brittle With Cinnamon
crunchy peanut brittle with hint of cinnamon and topped with crunchy kosher salt (for 900 watt microwave and variation for other watt ovens)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1This recipe is for 900 watt microwave. For variation use a guide of same ingredients and adjust cooking time to 45-50 seconds per 100 watts of your microwave.
- 2Grease or butter a cookie sheet (TIP) Spray measuring cup with pam to measure corn syrup and spray spatula also to spread on cookie sheet.).
- 3in 2 quart bowl or casserole dish add sugar, nuts, syrup and salt, mix until most of sugar is combined. Cook on high for 7 minutes. (should be bubbly and peanuts golden).
- 4Stir in butter, vanilla and cinnamon, cook on high 3 more minutes.
- 5Quickly, stir in baking soda until foamy (don't over stir, it needs to stay hot to spread).
- 6Pour onto greased cookie sheet and spread out. Sprinkle gently (or more to taste) with Kosher salt and let cool for 1 hour. Break apart into peices and store in airtight container. (freezes well in ziploc bag for several months).
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet & Savory Microwave Peanut Brittle With Cinnamon
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 561.5
- Calories from Fat 271
- Total Fat 30.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 5.0 mg
- Sodium 721.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 43.3 g
- Protein 13.4 g