Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
crunchy peanut brittle with hint of cinnamon and topped with crunchy kosher salt (for 900 watt microwave and variation for other watt ovens)
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 pinch table salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- kosher salt, for topping
- This recipe is for 900 watt microwave. For variation use a guide of same ingredients and adjust cooking time to 45-50 seconds per 100 watts of your microwave.
- Grease or butter a cookie sheet (TIP) Spray measuring cup with pam to measure corn syrup and spray spatula also to spread on cookie sheet.).
- in 2 quart bowl or casserole dish add sugar, nuts, syrup and salt, mix until most of sugar is combined. Cook on high for 7 minutes. (should be bubbly and peanuts golden).
- Stir in butter, vanilla and cinnamon, cook on high 3 more minutes.
- Quickly, stir in baking soda until foamy (don't over stir, it needs to stay hot to spread).
- Pour onto greased cookie sheet and spread out. Sprinkle gently (or more to taste) with Kosher salt and let cool for 1 hour. Break apart into peices and store in airtight container. (freezes well in ziploc bag for several months).
I broke my candy thermometer so I was very happy to find this recipe. The microwave does most of the work. I like the cinnamon flavor of this brittle along with the salt and sugar- YuM. Don't be afraid to get really aggresive with the brittle when spreading it out on the pan. I think next time I'll spread mine a little thinner. I can't wait to share it with my parent volunteers tomorrow. Thank you Pac Baby Mamablowfish- You are so very sweet!