Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a "usual" that I bring to the office potlucks...It's also a favorite of my kids that they now EXPECT to have every New Years' Eve! So easy for a Crockpot appetizer! Sometimes I make this for dinner -- I just whip up some old fashioned mashed potatoes and serve the meatballs & sauce over top (or to the side) of the mashed potatoes...And the kids just love me when I do that!!! :)
- 1 (16 ounce) bagfrozen italian style meatballs
- 1 (10 ounce) jar grape jelly
- 1 (12 ounce) jar chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt & pepper
- Place meatballs in Crockpot (or slow cooker).
- Mix remaining ingredients very well, and add to Crockpot.
- Simmer on low for 2 hours. Stir after 2 hours.
JUST WONDERFUL! We had our meatballs from Costco with this sauce... and then i put the leftover sauce in a Ziploc, squeezed out the air and froze it for a quick supper! SUPERB FLAVOR... and freezes very well! used this for chili sauce; 1 cup tomato sauce + 1/4 cup brown sugar + 2 tbsp vinegar + 1/4 tsp cinnamon + dash of ground cloves + dash of ground allspice = 1 cup chili sauce PERFECT THANK YOU!!
This is great! I've made this 3 or 4 times for home and once for a potluck - two thumbs every time! For home we normally make over mashed potatoes but once over white rice was good too.