Recipe by gina.damiano
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. Mashed sweet potatoes are mixed with a homemade pesto, bacon, and a touch of maple syrup that masterfully caters to both sweet and savory cravings! I love that aspect of this recipe. I'm in law school, and mostly broke, so I make what I have in the fridge. One day, this was all I had so I put it together and threw it in the oven. It's been a staple since! I prefer to make a homemade pesto using almonds and coconut oil with my basil, but a traditional pesto is fine, too!
- 1 (24 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup pesto sauce (homemade or store bought)
- 4 -6 slices bacon, cooked and chopped into bits
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Prepare mashed sweet potatoes per package instructions. Set aside.
- Make a pesto using basil, olive oil (or oil of choice), and pine nuts (or a nut of choice). Alternately, use prepared pesto from the store.
- Cook bacon in a pan 6-7 minutes per side. Let it cool, then chop into bits.
- Combine the pesto, bacon, maple syrup and salt and pepper to the mashed sweet potatoes, and place in a baking dish.
- Bake the potatoes for 20 minutes, or until heated through.