C.Lo Carb Queen's Note:
I usually double this recipe and it makes six large sandwiches and about 8 regular size. I created this recipe by changing a similar chicken salad recipe I have, and it's a big hit with my husband and kids alike. Also, I personlly don't like onion or celery by themselves, but I wouldn't leave them out of this recipe. Together, the flavors are all on point.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 slices crusty bread
- 1/2 lb bacon
- 1 1/2 cups white meat chicken, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped
- 1 green apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup pecans or 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 -8 leaves green lettuce
- 1Combine chicken, celery, onion, apple, and nuts in a mixing bowl, place in the refrigerator while preparing the dressing.
- 2Blend mayo, sour cream, dijon mustard, lemon juice, salt, white pepper, and sugar until creamy.
- 3Add dressing to salad mixture, stir until salad is evenly coated and refrigerate while preparing bacon. If your bacon is precooked, let chicken salad chill for 15 to 20 minutes.
- 4Prepare bacon so that is crispy, but not charred. Drain well.
- 5Toast bread lightly, preferably on a griddle with a small bit of butter.
- 6Place a small bed of lettuce on one half of sandwich and heap chicken salad on top.
- 7Lightly press the heap to slightly flatten and lay 2 or 3 strips of bacon on top. Serve open-faced.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet & Savory Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (310 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 854.0
- Calories from Fat 411
- Total Fat 45.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 53.6 mg
- Sodium 1549.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 23.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white meat chicken