Recipe by Johnsonville Sausage
Enjoy a delicious, new way to serve up the first meal of the day! Juicy strawberries and Johnsonville Breakfast Sausage Patties combine with the fresh flavors of mint and basil to deliver bite-size pieces of perfection.
- 1 (12 ounce) package Johnsonville Breakfast Sausage Patties
- 2 small roma tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 4 strawberries, hulled and diced
- 4 large fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 French baguette, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 8 slices fresh mozzarella cheese, cut in half
Directions See How It's Made
- On a cutting board, cut each raw sausage patty in half and re-form into 16 mini patties.
- In a nonstick skillet, over medium heat, cook sausage patties for 6-8 minutes, or until cooked through and browned, turning often.
- Remove to a plate and keep warm.
- In a bowl, combine tomato, pineapple, strawberries, basil, mint and syrup; set aside.
- Place oven rack in the top third section of oven; set to broil.
- On a baking sheet, place 16 slices of bread, brush lightly on one side with olive oil and place oiled side down.
- Broil for 1-2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Using tongs, flip bread slices.
- Place 1 piece of mozzarella on each bread slice.
- Return to oven; broil for 1 minute longer.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Top each with a cooked sausage patty.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of fruit mixture onto each patty and serve.