Recipe by Theresa P
Oh WOW! I sure hope somebody tries these! I had them at a Christmas get together and HAD to get the recipe to share here! They are really good! A nice little appetizer and something different than the usual smokie links in BBQ sauce! Try them, they are really good!
Top Review by KeyWee
Yes, these really are good. Definitely a "man's appetizer". I made these for my husband to take to Saturday afternoon "breaktime" (men only) and he came back with an empty pan. It is a "crunch" to get all the rollups into a 9x13 pan, but I managed it. You may want to bake a little longer at a lower temp as the crowding in the pan can cause the dough to be a bit underdone. But these are easy & tasty, and just one is not enough! Thanks, Theresa!
- 2 (8 ounce) cans crescent roll dough
- 48 cocktail smoked sausage links
- 1 cup butter (melted) or 1 cup margarine (melted)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Unroll crescent dough and separate into triangles, then cut each triangle piece of dough lengthwise into 3 triangles.
- Place a sausage on long end of triangle and roll up tightly and set aside.
- Repeat for all of the sausages.
- Combine melted butter, pecans, honey and brown sugar in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Arrange sausage rolls seam side down, in butter mixture.
- Bake at 400°F for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown.