I got this recipe from one of those grocery store cookbooks (Betty Crocker) I think. If you are a butternut squash fan...this one is for you!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb smoked sausage, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed into bite-size pieces
- red peppers (or a combination) or yellow peppers (or a combination) or green pepper, cut in strips (or a combination)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper (I use coarse ground)
- 1Prepare grill for about medium heat.
- 2In large bowl mix up sausage pieces, squash pieces,peppers and onions.
- 3Combine syrup, orange juice, salt and pepper and mix well.
- 4Divide sausage, squash,peppers and green onion onto four large pieces of heavy duty aluminum foil (big enough square to make a foil"packet" out of) Equally pour syrup mixture over each sausage packet.
- 5Fold up packets with a tight seal, leaving a little room for heat expansion.
- 6Put packets on grill over medium heat for approximately 35-40 minutes, or until squash is tender.
- 7If your seal is tight enough, using oven mitts, rotate the packets a few times throughout cooking to"coat" the ingredients inside with the syrup mixture.
- 8If you can't, you can baste everything when you open them.
- 9To check sqaush for tenderness, I will just cut a small opening in the foil big enough to poke a fork in and test a squash cube.
- 10BE CAREFUL of the steam!
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Sausage, Butternut Squash & Bell Pepper Packets
Serving Size: 1 (445 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 633.8
- Calories from Fat 327
- Total Fat 36.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 77.3 mg
- Sodium 1867.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 19.8 g
- Protein 28.4 g