Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Use your slow cooker for a fabulous barbecue all year long.
- 2 lbs pork baby back ribs
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 1⁄2 cups barbecue sauce (not mesquite flavored)
- 1 (8 ounce) jar cherry jam or 1 (8 ounce) jar preserves
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- additional salt and black pepper (optional)
- Slow Cooker Directions
- Trim excess fat from ribs. Rub 1 teaspoon pepper over ribs. Cut ribs into 2-rib portions; place in slow cooker.
- Combine barbecue sauce, jam, mustard and 1/4 teaspoon salt in small bowl; pour over ribs.
- Cover; cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours or until ribs are tender. Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired. Serve ribs with sauce.
This was very tasty. I didn't alter the recipe any, except to remove the lid off the slow cooker to allow the sauce to thicken. I'll definitely be adding this to my repetoire.
Very good! The sauce needs a bit more of a kick to it, so I used smoky flavored BBQ sauce... was yummy! Thanks!!