Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I found this recipe in a What's Cooking magazine by Kraft. It is actually called, "Russian Chicken Breasts" but I didn't have any Russian dressing, so ours wasn't! We used Catalina dressing and it was fantastic. This was one of the quickest and yummiest recipes I have made in a long time. I highly recommend this!
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup Russian salad dressing (or Catalina)
- 1⁄2 cup apricot jam
- 3 tablespoons onion soup mix, dry (about 1/2 a pack)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken for about 4-5 per side or until browned.
- Remove chicken and put it in a casserole dish.
- Mix dressing, jam, and soup mix in a small bowl. Pour over chicken.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve with rice and pour sauce over rice.
The chicken was wonderful. Very easy to make and tastes great! Our 5 year old grandson, who is usually a finicky eater, finished his chicken in record time! This recipe will become a household standard!