Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I took this recipe from the "It's a Wonderful life" cookbook. it is on our Thanksgiving and Christmas table every year. My six year old daughter calls them "Juicy Carrots
- For carrots.
- In a pot of boiling water cook carrots until tender.
- in a meduim saute panmelt butter over meduim-high heat.
- stir in preserves, allspice and lemon juice.
- top with toasted nuts.
- For the nuts:.
- heat oven to 250
- whisk egg with water add pecans and toss to coat.
- drain, coat with sugar.
- bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 until nuts ave dried out.