Recipe by Starrynews
“Sweet and sassy” because the sauce adds some sweet heat and tart and tangy flavors to the variety of veggies and noodles. Depending on your tastebuds and the heat your chili sauce packs, feel free to add some hot sauce or red pepper flakes to give it an extra punch! Enjoy!
Top Review by Susie D
We liked this quick stir-fry. It was sassy enough for the diner who likes mild and had a nice sweetness. I liked the ease of the sauce. All are pantry ingredients for me so it will be a quick go to on clean out the veggie bin days. I was surprised by the cooked radishes; we liked them more than expected. Good luck in the contest!
- 1⁄2 cup sweet chili sauce
- 4 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 4 tablespoons ponzu sauce, lime citrus dressing and sauce
- 8 ounces rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ginger, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 lb green cabbage, cored and rough chopped
- 5 red radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced in thin strips
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 5 green onions, sliced on the diagonal
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 4 sprigs cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup peanuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sweet chili sauce, ketchup, and Ponzu sauce. Mix well and set aside.
- Prep rice noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside when ready.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add ginger and garlic and sauté 30 seconds.
- Add cabbage and radishes. Stirfry about 5-6 minutes.
- Add green bell pepper, carrots, and green onion, and cook an additional 5 minutes. Transfer veggies from skillet to a large bowl.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet and add beaten eggs. Scramble until set. Add eggs to bowl containing veggies.
- Pour sauce into skillet and bring to a simmer. Toss in noodles, veggies, and eggs, and warm through, mixing well.
- Divide into four bowls to serve. Garnish with cilantro and peanuts.