Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
A.1. Original Sauce Recipe Contest Entry. A creamy chocolate mousse, topped with chili spiked whipped cream, featuring sautéed cherries with an unexpected twist!
- 113.39 g dark chocolate
- 78.07 ml whipping cream, plus
- 14.79 ml whipping cream, divided
- 2 large avocados
- 44.37 ml brown sugar, divided
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 0.5 ml salt, divided
- 0.59-1.23 ml chili powder, to taste
- 12 large cherries, pitted and halved
- 14.79 ml butter
- 9.85 ml A.1. Original Sauce
- Melt dark chocolate according to package instructions. Stir in 1 tablespoon whipping cream.
- In a food processor, blend avocados, chocolate, 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar, vanilla and a pinch of salt until smooth. Chill, preferably at least 3 hours.
- In a mixer at high speed, whip 1/3 cup cream, 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar, pinch of salt and chili powder to taste until stiff peaks form. Chill until ready to serve.
- In a medium saute pan, melt butter. Add cherries, 1 tablespoon brown sugar and A1 Orginal Sauce. Saute for about 3 minutes, until sauce thickens and cherries soften a bit. The cherries may be served warm or chilled.
- Assemble dessert by spooning mousse into bowls, topping with cherries and then whipped cream.