Recipe by CooknCowgirl
A.1. Original Sauce Recipe Contest Entry. A creamy chocolate mousse, topped with chili spiked whipped cream, featuring sautéed cherries with an unexpected twist!
- 4 ounces dark chocolate
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream, plus
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream, divided
- 2 large avocados
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 pinches salt, divided
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder, to taste
- 12 large cherries, pitted and halved
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons A.1. Original Sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt dark chocolate according to package instructions. Stir in 1 tablespoon whipping cream.
- In a food processor, blend avocados, chocolate, 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar, vanilla and a pinch of salt until smooth. Chill, preferably at least 3 hours.
- In a mixer at high speed, whip 1/3 cup cream, 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar, pinch of salt and chili powder to taste until stiff peaks form. Chill until ready to serve.
- In a medium saute pan, melt butter. Add cherries, 1 tablespoon brown sugar and A1 Orginal Sauce. Saute for about 3 minutes, until sauce thickens and cherries soften a bit. The cherries may be served warm or chilled.
- Assemble dessert by spooning mousse into bowls, topping with cherries and then whipped cream.