1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
I found this amazing recipe in Woman's Day magazine. Trust me this recipe is delicious, rich and decadent. It has slightly more of a candy bar texture than brownie. It reminds me of a Take 5 candy bar. I made this for Mother's Day and everyone thinks I'm genius. Baking time includes refrigeration.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 60 saltine crackers, finely crushed
- 14 ounces fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 3 cups bite-size pretzels
- 1You'll need a 9 inches square baking pan lined with nonstick foil to extend about 2 inches above opposite ends of pan.
- 2Melt both chocolates and the butter in a large bowl in microwave or in a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring often, until blended and smooth.
- 3Remove from heat; stir in cracker crumbs(you should have about 2 cups) and milk until blended.
- 4Fold in 2 cups of pretzels.
- 5Spread evenly in prepared pan. Lay remaining pretzels on top leaving space between.
- 6Cover and refrigerate at least 1.5 hours or until firm.
- 7Lift foil by end onto cutting board. Cut into 6 strips then cut each strip into 6 squares.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet & Salty Pretzel Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (1316 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 161.6
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 6.7 mg
- Sodium 314.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free sweetened condensed milk