Recipe by PhillyDesigner
Super easy and not too horrible for you! I invented this when I knew that I didn't want to drench my popcorn with butter but still wanted flavor.
Directions See How It's Made
- Measurements are approximate. Use the quantities on your package of popcorn. Adjust salt and sugar to your taste.
- Heat oil over medium high heat until shimmery in a 2 quart, heavy pot. (Make sure the pot has a lid!).
- Add popcorn kernels to pan and put lid on.
- Shake pan periodically until popping comes nearly to a stop.
- Remove pan from stove.
- Transfer popcorn to a big bowl, sprinkle on salt and sugar. Toss carefully, or put a lid over the bowl and shake.
- Variation: leave out the salt and toss in a tablespoon of cocoa powder!