Recipe by Diana #2
These cookies are to die for. Like the potato chip slogan...."Bet You Can't Eat Just One". The use of coarse salt in the final mix, goes extremely well with the sweet chocolate. This is adapted from a recipe found on Cooking Light.
Top Review by scancan
These are really a chocolate chip cookies with the addition of almonds; I like cookies with nuts but not in my chocolate chip cookies and I also found that the flour was barely enough to hold everything together and so these baked up very flat and to get the right texture you had to overbake these.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup soft margarine
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup whole almond
- 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 teaspoon coarse salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a sharp knife, cut almonds into three or four pieces, (do not crush or chop). Set aside.
- Cream together sugars and margarine.
- Add vanilla and egg, then beat for 2 minutes.
- Mix together flour, baking powder and soda.
- Add to sugar mixture and beat until combined.
- Stir in almond chunks, milk chocolate chips and the coarse salt.
- Drop by teaspoons full, 2 inches apart on the cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350* for approximately 12 minutes, or until the edges are golden.
- Allow to cool on the sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
- These won't last more than a day -- if that.