Prep 7 mins
Cook 30 mins
The theory is you dump this in a bag and freeze to pull out later. There are many variations which I will post separately but it's amazingly easy to make these up and have a different "dump" chicken every week!
- 35.43 g package taco seasoning mix
- 226.79 g apricot jam
- 340.19 g salsa
- 680.38 g chicken pieces (4-6 pieces)
- For immediate cooking: Pre-heat oven to 350°F Place all ingredients into a large baking dish, turn chicken to coat.
- Bake until chicken juices run clear (45-60 minutes for chicken pieces, or 20-30 minutes for chicken breasts).
- For freezing: Place all ingredients into a 1 Gallon freezer bag.
- Lay flat in freezer.
- To thaw and cook: Take the bag out of the freezer the night before, make sure the baggie is completely closed.
- Place the Bag on a refrigerator shelf to thaw.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Empty the contents of the bag into a large baking dish and bake until the juices run clear (45-60 minutes for chicken pieces, or 20-30 minutes for chicken breasts).
Loved this - made it in the crock pot also, cooked about 7 hours on low. I used Pace mild salsa. We made it for a big group of us on vacation - it was so easy because I just brought it frozen in the bag, let it defrost on the way to our destination, stuck it in the crock pot in the morning. Then we played around town all day and it was ready when we got home. I served it over rice and we had very positive reviews from the four adults on the trip (including me)!
I can't belive I didn't rate this one yet! I have this in my monthly rotation. It is a must have according to the hubby! I make this using breast meat and rice. Easy,Peasy, Lemon,Squeezy recipe!
I make it exactly as stated in the directions. Thanks Tish, Another winner. I also make your Chicken Packets every month as well. ;)
10/11/09 Amazingly delicious and so easy to make. This simple recipe exceeded my expectations. Really good over rice. Thanks for posting a recipe that's sure to be made often in our home! 11/24/09 Made this for the second time and my husband, who loved it the first time, RAVED about it even more this time. He asked where I got the recipe and when I said "Zaar" he said, "Well, I would definitely give this a really good rating!" So, here's a SIX star rating from my husband!!