Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a fantastic green salad with lots of salty-sweet flavors and crunchy stuff, all with a deceptively simple dressing. It has something for everyone, and everyone will enjoy it! Prep time does not include allowing dressing to sit for a couple of hours.
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 -6 cups mixed salad greens
- 6 tablespoons bacon bits or 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄3 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 4 green onions, sliced
- Whisk together dressing ingredients in a small bowl; cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Toss together salad greens, bacon bits, almonds, sesame seeds and green onions.
- Rewhisk dressing and just before serving, combine thoroughly with salad ingredients.
I used Romain lettuce and left out the bacon bits. Very easy to make and delicous.
This salad was absolutely wonderful. I made the dressing the day before and let it sit in the fridge. I will certainly make this one again. I especially enjoyed the salad greens -- a nice change from the head lettuce, red leaf lettuce, etc.
I have to agree, I too found this to be a fantastic salad! Likely because it has all the ingredients I am very partial too. Using both the almonds and the sesame seeds adds great crunch and taste to this salad. Will be making this often with all those lush garden greens from the garden.