Recipe by SilentCricket
Posted in response to a "make a mix" recipe request. You can probably add or substitute your own ingredients to/with the ones listed to make this a special touch on salads!
Top Review by Natural Girl
This is a delicious salad dressing mix! It would be better with a little less sugar, and possibly some other seasonings. It tasted great with a salad topped with cranberies, walnuts, and blue cheese.
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl until well mixed.
- Put mixture in a foil packet or a 1-pint glass jar.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Use within 6 months.
- To make dressing: Combine dressing mix with 3/4 cup oil and 1/4 vinegar.
- Stir until well blended.
- Chill before serving.
- Makes about 1 1/4 cups Sweet Salad Dressing.
- May be used on tossed crisp greens or with fresh fruit!