Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 3 hrs
Cook 1 hr
This was from a friend at Hope Lodge. Yes, we sat around talking about recipes guys. It was a lot of fun, a lot of laughing, a lot of remembering. I haven't tried it yet.
- Combine hot milk, molasses, brown sugar and salt. and butter.
- Cool mixture to lukewarm; . Add yeast to cooled milk.
- Add flours to make a stiff dough.
- Let double; punch down.
- Put cornmeal under.
- Brush with egg white and 1 tablespoon water.
- Sprinkle with caraway seed.
- Slash the dough before baking.
Amount of flour is inaccurate. Should be 5 or 6 cups.