Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a simple recipe for a wonderful rich cabbage soup
Make and share this Sweet Russian Cabbage Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 quarts water, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 head cabbage, cored and cut into wedges
- Crumble the ground beef into a large pot. Add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, beef bouillon cubes, carrots, onion, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Pour in 1 quart of water, and bring to a boil. Stir to break up the beef while heating. Once the soup comes to a boil, cover and simmer for 30 minutes over low heat.
- Pour in another quart of water, and return to a slow boil. Add garlic and cabbage. Simmer for 25 minutes, until cabbage is tender. Ladle into soup bowls to serve.