Recipe by Linda Graham
Wow, this has replaced my favourite Caesar Salad for popularity when people ask me to bring salad. It is really tasty. I have about 8 people to Sunday dinner each week and when I make this I have to double it and it all goes. When you double the salad ingredients you do not have to double the dressing. Just toss more.
Top Review by Baby Chevelle
This was good. Thought the dressing was a little tangy. I was really expecting sweeter I think. But loved the addition of the mandarin orange, and cashews. That was great, and different from other recipes I have tried with the strawberries. Thanks for letting us try this, I think I will do it again and just add a tad more sugar, or maybe even balsamic with pomegranite might be good!
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn
- 1 small red onion, sliced and divided into rings
- 1 can mandarin orange, drained
- sliced strawberry, to equal mandarines
- 1⁄4 cup cashews
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise or 3⁄4 cup Miracle Whip
- 3 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar