Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is from one of my favorite cookbooks by "KCTS Cooks" a local TV station. This one is called "Favorite Recipes" and it is from a local viewer here in Gig Harbor, Washington. Marti says it is always a big hit and for variations she has used coconut pudding with rum and coconut extract. I haven't made it yet but there is no yeast needed and I'm yeast challenged. :) Cooking time does not include overnight rising.
- 1 cup almonds, chopped and divided
- 14 Rhodes frozen rolls
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup triple sec, Grand Marnier (or liqueur of your choice)
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisins or 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant butterscotch pudding mix (not diet)
- Spray your favorite Bundt pan with nonstick spray, and sprinkle with 1/2 cup chopped almonds or nuts of your choice.
- Place about 14 frozen Rhodes bread dough rolls on top.
- In a bowl mix melted butter, Triple Sec, orange rind, cinnamon, brown sugar, salt, vanilla, another 1/2 cup chipped toasted almonds and golden raisins.
- Pour over the frozen rolls.
- Finally sprinkle butterscotch pudding over the top and let rise overnight.
- In the morning preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake for about 40 minutes. Cover with foil the last few minutes if browning too quickly.
- Invert to serve.
Very easy and yummy! Used sliced almonds, dried cranberries, and triple sec. Makes a lovely fruity, nutty caramel sweet roll with no effort. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
I made this for our Easter Brunch. This was wonderful. I did sub in freshly squeezed orange juice in place of the triple sec, but otherwise followed the recipe. The orange flavor in this went great with the almonds....so good. Thank you so much for posting this fabulous recipe.
OUTSTANDING ROLLS, THESE, & I'm definitely keeping this recipe around! I, too, made them with the cranberries! I was also very generous with the orange zest! I'll be making these more than just once in a while, right up through the next batch of winter holidays! WHAT A GREAT RECIPE! [Made & reviewed in 1-2-3 Hit Wonders tag]