Recipe by Jelzabeth
This recipe is inspired by a sweet rolls recipe that I found on the internet. I perfected it to my taste. I was detailed in the instructions so that my husband could duplicate it.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Nothing like fresh bread to be gone in no time, & that's just what happened to these delicious rolls! Followed your recipe, to the point of topping them with something, & I opted for the butter instead of the honey! Many thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 1⁄2 cup warm milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- honey, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, stir together warm water and yeast. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- In a Kitchenaid mixer with the hook attachment, mix together the warm milk, egg, softened butter, sugar, and salt.
- When the yeast/water mixture is foamy, add it to the sugar mixture.
- Stir in half of the flour. Then stir in the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until the dough has pulled away from the sides of the bowl. Knead with the hook attachment until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes.
- Keep the dough in the Kitchenaid bowl. Cover with a moist cloth or loose plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
- Using the hook attachment, knead the dough for 3-5 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 12-16 equal pieces, and form into round balls. Place on lightly greased GLASS Pyrex at least 2 inches apart. Cover the rolls with a damp cloth or plastic wrap, and let rise until doubled in volume, about 40 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and drizzle a small amount of honey over the rolls.
- Allow to cool in the pyrex.
- Note: If using a metal cake pan, increase the oven temperature to 375 and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Alternative: instead of honey, 1/4 cup softened butter can be spread over rolls.