Roasting carrots brings out their natural sweetness but tossing them with apricot jam after roasting makes them extra special and delicious
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel and trim carrots and slice lengthwise into thin halves or quarters.
- Toss carrots in bowl with olive oil, rosemary and salt.
- Roast at 350 for 30 minutes, stirring half way through.
- Turn up oven to 425 and roast ten minutes longer or until the ends of the carrots begin to turn black (if you don't want the little bit of blackened parts you can roast at 400 for ten minutes).
- When carrots are almost done, melt apricot jam in microwave for 15-30 seconds.
- Remove carrots from oven, place in bowl and toss warm carrots with melted apricot jam.
- Toss with a little more rosemary if desired.