Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Gift giving in a jar from Midwest Living Magazine.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 4 cups mixed nuts or 4 cups pecan halves
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, combine ingredients except for nuts.
- Prepare a cookie sheet with foil and cooking spray.
- Lay nuts on the sheet, making sure they are in an even layer.
- Drizzle butter mixture over nuts, making sure to toss to coat evenly.
- bake at 325 degrees for 25 minutes, making sure to stir twice.
- these make good gifts.
We found this to be ok. I used really high quality cocoa and butter, sugar in the raw, over a mixture of almonds and walnuts. I had to add more sugar after roasting which is odd for us because we really don't like things very sweet. Walnuts turned out better than the almonds.