Prep 30 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is my own concoction and I was very brave by trying it for the first time with guests. It was a hit. It has an almost sweet and sour feel.
- 680.38 g baby carrots
- 1 large onion, sliced into large slices (like seashells)
- 3 red apples, sliced
- 78.07 ml apple cider vinegar
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 78.07 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml sugar (or substitute)
- 118.29 ml water
- 29.58 ml pancake syrup
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- Marinate 1-1/2 lbs baby carrots in mixture of apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, olive oil, sugar, 1/4 cup water and pancake syrup for 1 hour.
- 45 minutes into marinating:.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Slice onions and apples.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp lemon juice over onions and apples to keep apples from browning.
- Cook carrots in marinade in 8 x 10 pan for 40 minutes at 350°F.
- Cook onions and apples together in 8 x 10 pan for 40 minutes at 350°F Add 1/4 cup water.
- Reduce oven heat to 200°F Cook for 15 additional minutes.
- Drain carrots.
- Add onions and apples.
It was surprisingly good! I must admit while I was marinating the carrots the smell of apple cider vinegar made me think I would hate the dish, but the complete dish tasted delicious! And there wasn't a strong taste of the vinegar.