Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Dip into this lightly sweetened ricotta mixed with dark chocolate with biscotti or cookies. It can be sweetened with honey, raisins or brown sugar, we have chosen regular sugar. marthastewart.com. Chilling time up to 8 hours.
- 2 lbs ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped semisweet chocolate (about 2 1/2 ounces)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped macadamia nuts (optional) or 1⁄4 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 store-bought biscotti, for serving
- fresh seasonal fruit, such as grapes and peaches, mangoes, papaya, or bananas, for serving
- Put ricotta in a large fine sieve set over a large bowl; let drain 20 minutes.
- Discard liquid.
- Transfer ricotta to a serving bowl.
- Stir in sugar until smooth.
- Fold in chocolate.
- Ricotta mixture can be refrigerated, covered, up to 8 hours.
- Stir in nuts or raisins, if desired, before serving.
- Serve with biscotti and fruit.