Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
A sweet Moroccan treat from Betty Crocker's New International Cookbook. Posted for ZWT 6.
- 314.66 ml rice
- 631.69 ml water
- 2.46 ml salt
- 59.14 ml butter
- 59.14 ml powdered sugar
- ground cinnamon (to taste)
- Heat rice, water, and salt to boiling, stirring once or twice.
- Reduce heat. Cover and simmer 14 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Fluff rice lightly with fork, then cover and let steam 5-10 minutes.
- Stir in butter and powdered sugar.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and serve warm.
I used jasmine rice. It's so yummy. Thanks smellyvegetarian :) Made for ZWT9
We really enjoyed this sweet rice. It made a nice, light dessert that wasn't overly sweet. I ate sweet rice when I was a kid, but we always used butter and brown sugar. The powdered sugar was a nice change of pace. I made this as written, mixing the cinnamon into the pudding instead of just sprinkling on top. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe. Made for ZWT9 North Africa for The Apron String Travelers.
OMG!! Did this ever bring back childhood memories!!! My Mom always made rice, and for us kids, she added butter, cinnamon and sugar, her and my Dad just added the sauce from the meatballs she made to go along with the rice. Thanks for sharing the recipe and bringing back some great memories!! Made for ZWT 9.