Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
The yogurt shop where I enjoy this sweet treat offers a variety of yogurt flavors using organic ingredients locally sourced whenever possible. There are countless flavor combinations for a "custom-built" sweet rice sundae and the day of my maiden visit I chose: coconut-lime vegan yogurt, a cranberry-mixed berry compote (which included strawberries, blackberries, raspberries and blueberries) -it was basically a very simple stewed fruit sauce. Finally, garnished with walnuts and topped with a light drizzle of freshly made lavender syrup. Choose the yogurt flavor first-your base, then work around that. Although the shop makes their own yogurt, you can find vegan versions on the market for example www.coconutbliss.com (available in US and Canada) if that's the route you prefer. You have the option of making your own homemade version, too. Sweet mochi brown rice is available in Asian markets and in most well-stocked natural food stores. Check the bulk bins first.
- 1⁄4 cup sweet mochi brown rice (cooked and either chilled or at least to room temp)
- 1 scoop frozen yogurt (your choice flavor)
- fruit sauce, cooled (approximately 3-4 tablespoons)
- 1 -2 tablespoon roasted walnut (okay to substitute other nuts like almonds, hazelnuts, etc.)
- flavored syrup (your choice of flavor, about 1/2 tablespoon)
- Note: All amounts are estimated in this recipe.
- Place the ingredients in a small serving bowl in order given: sweet rice, yogurt, sauce, nuts, syrup.
- Serving suggestions:.
- Syrup flavors: rose, green tea, blackberry, pomegranate, etc.
- Dry toppings: crystallized ginger, granola, mini chocolate chips, etc.
- Wet toppings: pure maple syrup, chunky applesauce, fresh seasonal fruit such as peaches, chocolate ganache sauce, etc.