Recipe by Maryland Jim
Had this salad while visiting Peterhead Scotland. Very nice with chicken. I am giving the recipe just as I received it with no modifications. Note: This is great with leftover rice.
Top Review by Mia in Germany
Great refreshing salad! I added a little more lemon juice - personal preference, but otherwise followed the recipe to the letter. A real keeper for hot days! Thanks for sharing!
Made for ZWT 8 / Great Britain for the Lively Lemon Lovelies
- 3 tablespoons apricot jam
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 7 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 6 ounces long grain rice (cooked & rinsed in cold water)
- 1 ounce finely chopped onion
- 2 apples, chopped (I used Delicious)
- 4 firm tomatoes (cut into 6-8 pieces) or 6 -8 cherry tomatoes
- bell pepper