Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Had this salad while visiting Peterhead Scotland. Very nice with chicken. I am giving the recipe just as I received it with no modifications. Note: This is great with leftover rice.
- 3 tablespoons apricot jam
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 7 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 6 ounces long grain rice (cooked & rinsed in cold water)
- 1 ounce finely chopped onion
- 2 apples, chopped (I used Delicious)
- 4 firm tomatoes (cut into 6-8 pieces) or 6 -8 cherry tomatoes
- bell pepper
- Melt jam, water, and lemon juice together in a microwave. Add mayonnaise when cooled. Add all remaining ingredients. Chill at least 30 minutes.
Great refreshing salad! I added a little more lemon juice - personal preference, but otherwise followed the recipe to the letter. A real keeper for hot days! Thanks for sharing!
Made for ZWT 8 / Great Britain for the Lively Lemon Lovelies
Couldn't stop the hand-to-mouth exercise as I was preparing this, it was my first taste of a sweet -but not too sweet- salad. It is so yummy! I had no chery tomatoes on hand so I used jarred grape tomatoes. I'm delighted to have tried this recipe, it's a keeper, Jim, TFS with us. Made this for ZWT3