Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Bittman's "The Best Recipes in the World." Cooking time is a just a guess.
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- 1⁄4 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups glutinous-rice flour (plus more as needed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- three 1/2-inch slices peeled fresh ginger
- Mix coconut, peanuts and sugar. Set aside.
- Mix flour and salt in large mixing bowl. Slowly stir in 3/4 cup hot water until a dough forms. Transfer to a floured board and knead until stiff, about 5 minutes.
- Combine ginger with 5 cups water in large pot. Bring to a boil. Adjust heat so water simmers steadily but not violently.
- Meanwhile, form dough into 1-inch balls. Cook balls until they float to the surface, about 5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon. Toss with reserved coconut-peanut mixture.