Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a SIMPLE but TASTY dessert to enjoy while the summer lasts. ENJOY!
- 2 kg sweet firm mangoes (8-10)
- 1 kg small juicy mango (8-10)
- 2 cups cooked long-grain rice
- 4 tablespoons powdered palm sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground nuts, freshly roasted,peeled and crushed
- Peel and cut the firm mangoes into bite-sized pieces.
- Peel the juicy mangoes, extract pulp and puree in a food processor.
- Strain to remove any fibres.
- Mix the mango juice with rice.
- Arrange in a ring on a flat, round, white dish.
- Dissolve the sugar in 1/4 cup water over low heat.
- Add groundnuts and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour over the rice.
- Fill the central portion of the rice ring and encircle it with mango pieces and serve immediately.