Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is from the Chicken Soup for the Soul Cookbook, and these brownies are TO DIE FOR!! I've made them for bake sales, family get-togethers, birthday parties...everyone loves them!
- 6 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Generously grease an 8x12 pan.
- Combine chocolate and butter in a medium saucepan.
- Melt over med-low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate is almost melted.
- Remove from heat and stir until smooth.
- Whisk in sugar until blended, then add eggs, one at a time, the flour, and the vanilla.
- Fold in mini marshmallows and one cup of chocolate chips.
- Pour into greased pan and smooth evenly.
- Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 53-55 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Do not overbake!
These are rich and wonderful. I made exactly as directed, except I used a gluten-free flour blend instead of regular flour. I couldn't tell the difference. The marshmallows seemed to disappear when cooked, although you could still see the chocolate chips. After 53 minutes, the toothpick wasn't clean. I cooked it 5 more minutes, but think it might have been better to remove earlier. It tasted wonderful though! I served the brownies with peppermint ice cream. What a treat! Thanks for the recipe.
I've been making these brownies for years and they are ALWAYS a huge hit! I think the marshmallows just make them so chewy and rich. I often find it difficult to determine exactly when they are done so sometimes they fall apart but because they are so good no one ever complains. Every time I make them I get many requests for the recipe.
I didn't get much of these as I made them to take to "Supper With Santa" at school. I only had 3 oz. of chocolate so for the other 3 I used (for each) 3 tbsp. of cocoa and 1 of oil. For the flour I used a half white half wheat mix. These are fudgy and decandent and didn't last long on the dessert table!